21/11/2019 PCA at Ferma Forum 2019: the challenge of artificial intelligence
During its Forum 2019 in Berlin, the Federation of European Risk Management Association launched the first thought paper on the implications of artificial intelligence (AI) for risk management. You can download the paper here.
To write this paper, FERMA brought together a group of experts from within and beyond the risk management community. The ambition was to develop the first thought paper about AI applied to risk management. The goal was to perform an initial assessment of the potential value of AI to improve enterprise risk management (ERM), and second, to understand how risk managers can be key actors in highlighting to the organisation leadership the opportunities and challenges of AI technologies.
This aim is to guide risk managers on applying AI from a basic understanding to developing their own strategy on the implementation. It includes an action guide and a template for risk managers to develop their own AI risk management roadmap.
In terms of ERM, risk managers need to consider how AI can be best used:
- How can risk management frameworks integrate AI, especially as a source of new risks across the organisations?
- Can we process more data to mitigate losses?
- How can we use AI in the claims process?
- What processes will we create and what will be provided by brokers, insurers and re-insurance companies?
The key-message of the report states that to perform well, AI needs data of a certain quantity and quality. The very first question to consider is therefore about the organisation’s strategy for managing its corporate data. As such, solving the data issue and implementing AI in business is a challenging project that impacts many corporate functions, including the risk manager.
It is expected that corporate risk management to benefit from AI in several areas: from its ability to process large amounts of data to the automation of certain repetitive and burdensome risk management steps, AI could allow risk managers to respond faster to new and emerging exposures. By acting in real time and with some predictive capabilities, risk management could reach a new level in supporting better decision-making for senior management.
PCA shares with our Clients and Partners innovation in the field of Artificial Intelligence as a strategic resource: we are at your disposal to get an evaluation of the profile risk of your company – here: Contacts
Thank you for your attention!
- PCA per l’Italia alla conferenza mondiale di Brokerslink
- I fattori ESG: un primato poco conosciuto delle assicurazioni
- La crisi dell’energia diventa la crisi dei trasporti
- Le assicurazioni per le aziende e gli impianti di energie rinnovabili
- Le assicurazioni “in guerra” per proteggere dai nuovi rischi geopolitici